Friday, November 21, 2008

Migration

Wildebeest migration in Liuwa Plain (care of African-parks.org)

After a long, hectic few weeks I am looking forward to setting off early Saturday with friends for Liuwa Plains National Park in Western Province to catch the annuel blue wildebeest migration.
We will be camping for seven days, relaxing, going on safari and seeing game. It will be a welcome once again to get out of Lusaka for a chunk of time to recollect my thoughts and take a break from work.

As November is coming to a close, I need to start thinking about potential winter travel plans. Due to a lack of finances, I am not sure what to do, where to go and what to expect but I definitely do not want to miss out and have to stay in Zambia while everyone else is away. If only there was I way I could legally get fast cash.

I'm also finally getting back into writing stories for the Monitor after a bit of a hiatus. My work plan has also hanged, for the fourth time (yes, really) and is still not completely functional. It has to do with accompanying reporters in the field which is not happening so my duties will now include writing a human rights column each week, finally doing some training via human rights workshops and analyzing the paper for human rights stories. Here's hoping, as I've got three months left of my contract and want to make the most of it.
School is out so my students at Golden Gates have their exam. Starting January I'll get a new crop and I have also decided to start contributing to an entertainment and lifestyle online mag in Zed called BH magazine (http://www.bhmagazine.com) to help get it kickstarted even though it's already impressive for a country like Zambia.
Well I'm off to the wilderness, so will report back once I return to "civilization."

No comments: